Sitting down with staff to speak about my likes and dislikes which would help me to feel like the staff looking after me care. My medication is important for me to stay healthy, so it would make me feel better if the staff went over it with me so I know that they understand.
Additional information about this standard
Illustrative links to the Health and Social Care Standards
- 1.14 My future care and support needs are anticipated as part of my assessment.
- 3.4 I am confident that the right people are fully informed about my past, including my health and care experience, and any impact this has on me.
- 3.14 I have confidence in people because they are trained, competent and skilled, are able to reflect on their practice and follow their professional and organisational codes.
- 3.15 My needs are met by the right number of people.
- 3.16 People have time to support and care for me and to speak with me.
- 3.18 I am supported and cared for sensitively by people who anticipate issues and are aware of and plan for any known vulnerability or frailty.
- 3.20 I am protected from harm, neglect, abuse, bullying and exploitation by people who have a clear understanding of their responsibilities.
- 3.21 I am protected from harm because people are alert and respond to signs of significant deterioration in my health and wellbeing, that I may be unhappy or may be at risk of harm.
- 3.22 I am listened to and taken seriously if I have a concern about the protection and safety of myself or others, with appropriate assessments and referrals made.
- 3.24 If I might harm myself or others, I know that people have a duty to protect me and others, which may involve contacting relevant agencies.
- 4.14 My care and support is provided in a planned and safe way, including if there is an emergency or unexpected event.
- 4.27 I experience high quality care and support because people have the necessary information and resources.
- 5.17 My environment is secure and safe.
Illustrative links to How Good is Our School? quality indicators
- 2.4 Personalised support
- 3.1 Ensuring wellbeing, equality and inclusion