I don’t think single separation is helpful, it would be better to spend time with someone you get on well with so you’re not left on your own feeling like crap. I know sometimes it needs to happen, knowing staff will come and speak to me when I calm down helps.
Additional information about this standard
Illustrative links to the Health and Social Care Standards
- 1.3 If my independence, control and choice are restricted, this complies with relevant legislation and any restrictions are justified, kept to a minimum and carried out sensitively
- 1.11 I can be with my peers, including other people who use my service, unless this is unsafe and I have been involved in reaching this decision.
- 2.6 I am as involved as I can be in agreeing and reviewing any restrictions to my independence, control and choice.
- 2.13 If a decision is taken against my wishes, I am supported to understand why.
- 2.15 I am enabled to resolve conflict, agree rules and build positive relationships with other people as much as I can.
- 3.9 I experience warmth, kindness and compassion in how I am supported and cared for, including physical comfort when appropriate for me and the person supporting and caring for me.
- 3.18 I am supported and cared for sensitively by people who anticipate issues and are aware of and plan for any known vulnerability or frailty.
- 4.11 I experience high quality care and support based on relevant evidence, guidance and best practice.
Illustrative links to How Good is Our School? quality indicators
- 2.1 Safeguarding and child protection
- 2.4 Personalised support
- 3.1 Ensuring wellbeing, equality and inclusion